Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Waiting Game


Where is she??
I'm 40 weeks pregnant today with my official due date this Thursday, 10/9/08. I couldn't be happier that my little lady made it so far. 40 weeks means she's strong, healthy and ready to meet the world. So you may ask, "so what's the problem, Liz?" Well, I'm starting to think that she's a bit TOO comfortable in there and is content in staying as long as possible.

It's actually pretty tough waiting around for the rest of your life to really start. It's especially tough when you somehow assumed that your baby was coming early and decided to leave work two + weeks before the due date. Oh well!

In the meantime, I was able to celebrate my birthday with my family, friends and the best guy anyone could ever ask for...Billy, the Daddy-to-be.

So, here we are...waiting for Baby Whelan to grace us with her presence. I guess this is God's way of preparing us for not preparing for anything - you just never know. My Grandma has the best saying that is quite fitting in this situation:

"You want to make God laugh? Tell him your plans."

No comments: