Monday, September 22, 2014

Anna's Pre-School Graduation at St. Mike's


My baby girl is done with pre school and will actually be a real, live kindergardener.  There is just something so amazing and jarring at the same time when you realize that your child has transitioned completely out of a stage or period of their life (like a toddler) and is now a kid.  While you are endlessly proud and excited, you also have this horrible pain in your gut about the times and the person that's being left behind.

My beautiful Anna has transitioned into this amazing girl who is beyond her years.  Her brain is the most complex, wondrous and deeply emotional thing I've ever come into contact with and I try to discover her more and more each day.  She's just not like other kids out there.  She's has such depth of thought, maturity, intuition, empathy and feeling and so much more.

As she moves from being a toddler to a kid, I remember a line from one of her favorite books (Princess Party).  Right now it just completely reminds me of her...

For Princesses whirl, Princesses twirl...
For Princesses are such incredible girls

Anna Sophia Whelan - we love you deeply and to no end.






No comments: