Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's a GIRL!!!





Wow! What an amazing experience to find out what we're having. I wouldn't have done it any other way.

On June 2, Bill and I went to Prentice Hospital for our one and only ultrasound. I was really excited about finding out the gender, but also very nervous about how the baby was growing. Was it healthy? Was I healthy? Plus, the many weeks and months of people "guessing" what we were having and making remarks like, "Oh, you're having a girl because you didn't get morning sickness," or "You're having a boy because of the way you're carrying the baby," all culminated into this moment.

I can't describe how surreal and just plain miraculous it was to see our baby on camera for the very first time. It made everything feel more real than ever and it was beautiful! The baby kept moving all around and at one point Baby Whelan yawned and rubbed its little eyes. We couldn't believe it.

And then, there it was! The doctor pointed it out...Billy and I made a little GIRL - a healthy and vibrant little girl! What a blessing.

No comments: