Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Anna!




































Yes, it finally arrived. Anna's 1st birthday and her HUGE party on Saturday, Sept. 26. It was incredible...so much fun. All of our closest friends and family celebrated this enormous milestone with us and I wouldn't have done it any other way. In total, we had about 65 people attend the party, including the Whelan's, Dorn's, Dayton and high school friends and lots of kids and babies!

Anna was definitely the bell of the ball. I typically don't like very "girly" clothes for Anna. In fact, I sometimes like anything that's not pink just a little bit better. However, for her birthday I went as outrageous and "girly" as you possibly can. Anna wore a fabulous tutu!

One ofthe many highlights (for me) was watching the video we made of the many pictures we've taken the last year. It just reminded me of the unbelievable transformation Anna has made in just one short year. When you see a video like that, it just reiterates how precious these first years really are and how (as a mother) you have to appreciate every second.

Thank you so much to all of our friends and family that came to the party, brought gifts and continue to support, especially this year. We are certainly better for all of your love.

I've posted some pictures and a video of the big day.

No comments: